There are a number of computer programs that can be useful for Radio Jove participants. We list a few selected programs below with explanations of their functions. Note: All of
these programs run on computers and tablets running Windows™.
- This program from RadioSky Publishing is a powerful tool for amateur radio astronomy. Using Radio-SkyPipe you will be able to:
- Collect data on your PC using your sound card or a
simple analog to digital converter.
- Store, retrieve, and edit stripchart files with
header information secured within the file itself.
- Share your real-time data with others over the
- Send to multiple recipients.
- Send and receive data simultaneously or receive
simultaneously from two different sources.
- Use in Stand Alone mode for local use only.
- Communicate with others during observations using a built-in chat window.
- Use for radio astronomy, seismology, weather, other scientific monitoring.
* Note: A license for Radio-SkyPipe is included with the purchase of a Radio JOVE RJ1.1 assembled receiver or receiver kit.
Radio Jupiter Pro* [Link]
- This is Radio-Sky Publishing's multi-function observing aid for Jupiter's decametric radio emissions. This program predicts most likely times for
Jupiter radio storms, and
displays Jupiter visibility information graphically. Predictions are customized to your location. See help page at http://www.radiosky.com/rjpro/rjprohelp.html
for more information.
* Note: A license for Radio Jupiter Pro is included with the purchase of a Radio JOVE RJ1.1 assembled receiver or receiver kit.
- This software allows you to view signals from special frequency-sweeping receivers. These receivers, called spectrographs, allow you to see how
radio signals are distributed across a moderately-wide swath of radio spectrum. The receivers were
designed by Richard Flagg to be sensitive and fast enough to detect changes which occur in the radio emissions of the Sun and Jupiter. This software is produced by
Radio-Sky Publishing. There is no charge for use of the software for non-commercial users.