There are a number of computer programs that can be useful for Radio Jove participants. We list a few selected programs below with explanations of their functions. Note: All of these programs run on computers and tablets running Windows™ OS.
- This software allows you to view and store signals from software-defined radios (SDRs) or from special frequency-sweeping receivers. These radios, or "spectrographs", allow you to see how radio signals are distributed across several MegaHertz (MHz) of radio spectrum. Using Radio-Sky Spectrograph you will be able to:
- Collect, store, retrieve, and edit spectrograph files with header information secured within the file itself
- View real-time data from other observers over the internet
- Share your real-time data with others over the internet
- Use in Stand Alone mode for local use only
- Communicate with others during observations using a built-in chat window
Radio-Sky Spectrograph is free for non-commercial use.
Radio Jupiter Pro
- This is Radio-Sky Publishing's multi-function observing aid for Jupiter's decametric radio emissions. This program predicts most likely times for Jupiter radio storms, and displays Jupiter visibility information graphically. Predictions are customized to your location.
See help page at http://www.radiosky.com/rjpro/rjprohelp.html
for more information.
- This program from RadioSky Publishing is a powerful tool for amateur radio astronomy. Using Radio-SkyPipe you will be able to:
- Collect data on your PC using your sound card or a simple analog to digital converter.
- Store, retrieve, and edit stripchart files with header information secured within the file itself.
- Share your real-time data with others over the internet.
- Send to multiple recipients.
- Send and receive data simultaneously or receive simultaneously from two different sources.
- Use in Stand-Alone mode for local use only.
- Communicate with others during observations using a built-in chat window.
- Use for radio astronomy, seismology, weather, other scientific monitoring.